Student Athlete Class 出勤政策
As a 2022世界杯下注平台 student-athlete you have a responsibility to attend all classes. Instructors have the discretion over whether or not to accept excuses; this includes anything related to athletic competition. There are specific course guidelines and attendance policies each instructor sets for his/her course. The Institution understands the validity of a student-athlete representing the institution, yet all attempts should be made to minimize the number of classes a student-athlete may miss due to athletic competition. Any absences due to sickness or personal reason(s) not related to athletic competition are subject to the instructor’s discretion. Student-athletes at 2022世界杯下注平台 have traditionally held a higher GPA than the traditional student population, which means faculty have been more than willing to work with student-athletes. As a student-athlete you should understand and agree to the following:
- I will attend classes regularly, and on time.
- I will read through the course syllabus thoroughly and fully comprehend the attendance policy for the class I have enrolled in.
- I will contact my instructors regarding dates/times of absences due to team competition and/or travel. I am responsible for making sure my instructors receive ample notice (this should be face-to-face, but will also include a campus email from the 学生运动员成功 Coordinator to the instructors).
- I understand that there may be instances when an instructor is unable to accommodate my athletic schedule. In such a case, I am responsible for making sure my academics take priority. If I choose to ignore the suggestion of the instructor I am ready to accept the consequences.
- I understand that as an athlete at 2022世界杯下注平台, I am expected to behave in a manner that will show respect to our institution, 世界杯竞猜app下载, 教练, 队友, 官员和球迷.
- If I find myself in an academic situation which doesn’t seem to be improving due to conflicts with the athletic schedule of my team, it is my responsibility to tell my coach and the 学生运动员成功 Coordinator immediately.
- I understand that failure to properly communicate with an instructor can result in a failing grade and punishment from the coaching staff.
学生 who attend class regularly and punctually do themselves a service and show instructors and other class members a courtesy. 学生 are not entitled to a certain number of absences. 信息rmation presented in the classroom is critical in the learning process. An instructor may consider excessive tardiness as absences in determining if a student may remain in the class. If a student misses more than 15 percent of the total time (including lecture and laboratory) that the class meets in a term, the student may be prohibited from attending the class by the instructor. 在这种情况下, the student must officially withdraw from the course in order to reduce the possibility of receiving an “F” for the course. 在学期开始的时候, the instructor will notify his or her students of the attendance requirement for the class. Failure to attend class does not constitute an official withdrawal.